Click HERE to download a copy!
2017 USEA Convention
This year’s 2017 USEA convention was so much fun! There was a great deal of information, award ceremonies, and interesting speakers. Some of the speakers included Olympic athletes, grooms, coaches, USEA officials and board members, sports psychologists, equine vets, and many more. Attending the convention was a great way to become informed on a variety of subjects within the sport and meet many new people. It was also a great chance to see many of the area VI supporters and sponsors that help our area in so many ways. One of these sponsors being APF who provided the 2017 Young Rider team with their product so that all of their horses were feeling and performing their best in order to succeed! A huge thank you to APF!
2018 Dressage Tests
The USEA has released new dressage tests for 2018. It would be a great time for you to review the new tests for the upcoming show season. The main changes that were discussed by Matt Brown and Marilyn Payne at the convention were:
- Addition of stretching circle to Novice test
- Addition of stretching serpentine to Preliminary test
- Addition of halt rein back in Preliminary test B
- Choice to post or sit Preliminary test
- Choice to post or sit lengthening for Intermediate test A but requirment to sit in test B
- Free walks and medium walks are scored separately
- All test A’s begin tracking left and all test B’s begin tracking right
- Halts are scored separately
USEA provided links to tests ridden:
A topic that was discussed in great detail at the convention was the increase of drug testings this year for both horse and rider. Anytime your horse is entered in a USEF or FEI event it can get drug tested while anytime a rider is entered in an FEI event, you might be tested as well. It is very important for a rider to know if a substance you are taking or giving to your horse is legal because there can be very large consequences for competing while using an illegal substance in eventing. Especially if one is about to compete in a first FEI competition, make sure to confirm that all substances that you or your horse take are legal for competition. A great way to do this is to visit http://globaldro.org/Home where you can search any ingredient or drug to make sure that it is legal for competition.
A huge congratulations to all the area VI year end award winners! We hope for continued success in our area for 2018 as well!
We have some events and other applications due to start off the 2018 season!
NAJYRC 2018 Applications
(Both Riders and Grooms)
- Must be submitted before January 31
- All forms are located on the Area VI website
Fresno County Horse Park Combined Test
- Event Date: January 27-28
- Entry Open Date: December 12
- Entry Close Date: January 9
- Running levels Intro through Advanced
Galway Downs Winter H.T.
- Event Date: February 2-4
- Entry Open Date: December 19
- Entry Close Date: January 16
- Running levels Beginner Novice through Advanced
Fresno County Horse Park CIC & H.T.
- Event Date: February 16-18
- Entry Open Date: January 2
- Entry Close Date: January 30
- Running levels Intro through Advanced, CIC 1*, and CIC 2*